Bá Guàn (拔罐) or Cupping therapy
Bá Guàn: Ancestral Forgotten Art
Cupping Therapy (Bá Guàn) is a type of therapy where suction cups are applied directly to the skin. Using a suction effect creates a vacuum that causes a bruise (hematoma) in order to act on the body physically, reflection and energy to help restore balance to the person.
Though China is mentioned as the place of origin of cupping therapy, it is known to be used by cultures like the Egyptian, Mesopotamians, Greek, Pre-Columbian peoples, African, other Asian, Australian aboriginal ... etc. In the primitive shamanistic practices, the cupping was applied in order to suck the spirit causing the disease in the body.
In the glass cups creates the vacuum in several ways, with fire by burning and consuming the oxygen inside of the cup and immediately applying it to the skin before oxygen re-enter.
Cupping therapy can be performed using different techniques:
- Massage techniques with vacuum: In this case, oil applied to the skin to allow the sliding of the cup. Hyperemia and movement of fluids is caused and this leads to the detoxification of the body by the movemente of toxins into the blood and lymph.
- Fixed cup dry: This technique is to leave the suction cup attached to the skin at specific points to treat organic reflex zones of the body through its reflex points on the back. Also used in the treatment of so called trigger points, the points of maximum pain and contractures caused by structural blockages.
- Intermittent suction: Consists of placing the cup and pulling it up quickly repeatedly. This works unstuck the skin and underlying tissues allowing an intermittent flow of lymph.
- Application technique and rapid removal of the cup: This technique is used only in the back, and is to make an impact on the lungs. Suction is applied, allowed two or three seconds and separates from the skin with a quick to apply immediately back on the next point, repeating the process, covering in this way the entire area to be treated. This technique is very specific cases of pulmonary congestion mucus. It helps to dislodge excess mucus and exit through coughing.
- Bleeding with suction cup: Bleeding is done in very congested and inflamed areas that need to "let go" the tension draining the inflammatory focus directly and selectively.
Marks produced by treatment remain for about a week, leaving no negative aesthetic effect.
Effects obtained with this therapy:
- Effect reflexology. It acts on the reflex zones of the organs.
- Helps eliminate accumulated toxins in the body.
- Relieving muscle relaxing effect.
- Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Active and improves blood circulation.
- Stimulates the metabolism.
- Regulate the nervous system.
- Increase defenses.
- Improve tendons.
- Slimming effect. Helps eliminate fat.
- Facial Wrinkle
- Improves digestive system disorders
- Reduces allergy symptoms, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.
- Helps eliminate fluid retention.